Friday, July 31, 2009

The Dreaded Phone Call

Well yesterday was interesting….I got the dreaded phone call. To all my momma’s with kids in school or daycare, you know the one. The one where you look over at the phone and you see the name pop up on the caller id and you think….aaggghh! Not Today! Not Today! Now with my children, especially Olivia, I know it can be one of two things. Either she has been sassy again at school or one of them is sick. So I pick up the phone and Ms. Sonya so sweetly tells me that Olivia is throwing up again, headache, fever…the whole nine yards and wants to know when I am coming to pick her up. I say I’m on my way but as I hang up I look at the mounds and mounds of paperwork around my desk and that panic starts and I begin to feel that rumbly in my tumbly….as the saying goes. So I leave work, go pick up Olivia who proceeds to throw up in the parking lot of the school. Half on her clothes, half on the car, half on the street…..Lovely. I get her home, strip her down and put her to bed. Call the lovely doctor that we will call “Dr. I just want a co-pay” and she proceeds to tell me that if she isn’t feeling better by tomorrow to bring her in. Now mind you I just brought her in last week so now I’m thinking…what? I have to pay you again because you didn’t get it right the first time….ooookaaay….. So I guess we will be making yet another doctor’s trip today. Plus the hubby is not feeling well either but like the majority of us still has to work. So everyone please say a quick prayer that the outbreak will not continue to spread throughout the Stults house and that everyone is feeling better by this weekend. Just another day in the life of a mom…………..

Love to all,

Mycalee