Well it has been a busy week thus far. My sweet little Olivia started school on Wednesday. She is now a big kindergartner!!! As I have said many times before, I just can’t believe it. The first day went off pretty well. She and I had laid everything out the night before. Had backpack packed, snacks made, lunch money ready and we were off. To all the mothers out there who drive and pick their children up from school each and every day.....you have my complete admiration! Let me just tell you, there would be absolutely no way I could do that each and everyday of my life. It was a complete and utter mad house. I ended up parking across the street because of no parking places. As I walked up to the school holding her little hand I almost broke down right there. But I didn’t. I was strong. I dropped Olivia off in her classroom expecting her to run and hug me goodbye and beg me not to leave her but nope not my daughter. She turned to me with those big blue eyes and says. “When are you leaving?” What? Are you serious? I was just crushed. Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t want her to be one of those children who scream and cry on their first day…but a little sadness would have been okay. In any event, she was happy which makes me happy. I thought about her all day. I thought about my little baby in that big ole’ school all by herself. Well, not really by herself but you know what I mean. My imagination sometimes gets the best of me. But she was not scared at all and absolutely loved it. Here is how the conversation went after she got home from school:
Me: Olivia how was your first day of school?
Olivia: Great, it was so much fun but my lessons were hard. Learning numbers and shapes is hard stuff. And the teacher told me to be good.
Me: Why did the teacher tell you to be good? What were you doing? (with Olivia there is no telling)
Olivia: Nothing.
Me: Well, maybe she was just telling the whole class to be good.
Olivia: Nope,……just me.
And so it begins……………God Bless her teacher!! We Love You Ms. Braden! I will try to post some of her pics from her first day of school soon. I haven't yet uploaded them with my week being so crazy.
In other news, Mylee got tubes in her ears yesterday. She did wonderful and I highly recommend Dr. Whooley at Children's Hospital on Acton. He is not only a cutie pie but a great doctor as well. Hopefully this will be the end all of the ear infections.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. We have lots of plans that I will try to post all about this weekend. I hope everyone has a great one!
Here are some pics from Olivia's first day of school:
Eating Breakfast with her Daddy....
My big kindergartner....
Of course I can't forget the little one. Here is a pic of her right before we left to go get her tubes. She is like her father and hates getting up early. I came around the corner in the kitchen and found her like this. It was too cute not to take a pic of.
Love to all,
Mycalee
Fun at the track!!!
12 years ago

2 comments:
Sorry, I'm a little behind. Those are cute pictures of them both! I'm glad she was so happy on her first day of school but I'm with you a little sadness is ok! I'm not strong like you though, Emma goes to MDO tomorrow for her first day and Ben is taking her because I know I'd break down. I'm leaving work early though so I can play the good guy and pick her up! LOL! ;) To "real" school I'll definitely take her but this is her first time away so I'm just too emotional.
I'm glad her first day went well, she is such a big girl! I'm also glad Mylee's tubes went well. Jacob is just like that, he'll lay in the floor on his blanket!
Post a Comment